These are the guidelines for having your indie book reviewed on my website. Please read these carefully before requesting a review.
- Send a request through the Contact tab or at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line put "Review Request." The body of your email should contain a short synopsis of the novel/novella/novelette.
- I will review the following genres only: Dystopian; Sci-Fi (hard and soft); Fantasy; and Male/Male Erotica. If submitting erotica it must be male/male. Also, it cannot contain rape, pedophilia, incest, bestiality or death. If the erotica contains a non-human partner, it must be sentient (see no bestiality above), such as a werewolf, alien, etc.
- I accept .mobi (Kindle) files or physical copies of books. For review purposes, since I don't charge for reviews, I will not purchase the book. As an indie author myself, I've given away plenty of copies of my own work. It's just part of the process.
- If I cannot give a book at least 3-stars, I will not review it. Please don't ask/beg me to break that rule. I will inform you that I will not be reviewing the book, and if you want to know why, I will tell you, but you must request an explanation.
- Only send one book at a time. If you request a book review and send me copies of each book you've written, I will only review the one agreed upon.
- Like most indie authors, I have a job, a life, and my own writing career. I cannot promise quick review times, but I'll work as quickly as I can. Please do not flood me with "Have you read it?" emails.
- If you have questions, feel free to ask. The only stupid question is the one that goes unspoken.
Remember, if I'm not a good fit for you or your book, you can always find other reviewers at The Indie View.